[FS Sydney] (Caffin) Remote Inverted-Canister Stove $160

Buy, sell, trade, loan, borrow, hire, etc, plus lost & found. Private transactions only.
Forum rules
1 Only members can post.
2 The For sale or wanted heading format is type, location, description, e.g.:
[FS Perth] Scarpa boots size 46
[FS Hobart] TerraNova Southern Cross 1 tent
[Wanted Brisbane] Black Diamond Trailback Trek sticks

3 The Lost and found heading format is [FOUND] Larapinta camera; [Lost] Mount Bogong, pair of mitts.
4 Only one item per topic, so one topic for a tent, another for a stove.
5 Include a link to other websites like eBay or Gumtree as appropriate.
6 This area is private sales only. Commercial posts here.
7 When your topic is resolved or no longer needed, lock your topic using the popup menu and button at the bottom right of the topic page.
8 For Sale and Wanted topics expire after three months if there are no replies from the OP.
9 Lost and Found topics expire after six months if there are no replies.
10 Locked and expired topics will be moved to the "Sold, Claimed and closed" sub forum by the moderation team. Contact a moderator if you wish to have a topic restored.

New members with no posts on the forum cannot send Private Messages. (This is to prevent PM spam.) New members will have to post in the forum to send a private message.

[FS Sydney] (Caffin) Remote Inverted-Canister Stove $160

Postby rcaffin » Sun 05 Sep, 2021 2:41 pm

FS [Sydney] (Caffin) Remote Inverted-Canister Stove $160

For some years I have been making and selling remote-inverted-canister stoves of my own design. They are very light (90 g or less), feature two valves for greater safety, and they connect to screw-thread, Campingaz and Powermax canisters. They are intended for use at temperatures down to -20 C, although with skill they can go much lower. I must have sold over 200 of them.

Unlike most commercial stoves, mine have two valves: one on the canister and one at the burner. The burner valve is for fine control (and I mean fine0), while the canister valve is a very simple on/off one able to completely shut off the flow of gas with a quick flick. Also unlike commercial screw-thread stoves, the canister connector will not strip its thread (as happened to me once in Europe).

The stove for sale is a Version 4 unit: the latest in the series, and is the last one in stock. I do not plan on making any more of them.

The first photo below is on the V4 stove. It comes with a long carbon fibre valve handle, a custom base board with micro-pegs for stability and a service kit. The second photo is of the V3 but it shows the armoured hose and the canister connector with safety valve. The V4 will be fully supported by me if you ever have any problems.
8877.jpg
8877.jpg (92.78 KiB) Viewed 2289 times

7109.jpg
7109.jpg (111.14 KiB) Viewed 2289 times

Price $160 + P&P, via Paypal. Email to roger@backpackinglight.com for further technical information and photos.

Cheers
Roger
rcaffin
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Re: [FS Sydney] (Caffin) Remote Inverted-Canister Stove $160

Postby dashandsaph » Mon 11 Oct, 2021 9:34 pm

Excellent stove - highly recommended. I have the V2 and it is very good. Low, stable and light with good flame control. I don't think I can justify a second one though.
dashandsaph
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Return to Market Square & Lost Property