Tabletop Track late Aug 2022

Find people to walk or share transport with. Topics deleted after 365 idle days.
Forum rules
1 This website is not a bushwalking club.
2 Users take responsibility for all actions arising from meetings made via this website.
3 Be totally self-sufficient – your own tent, stove, gear, etc.
4 Walkers under the age of 18 and/or those walking with them should raise the trip with the under 18's parents or legal guardians.
5 Please lock your thread when it is no longer needed. Moderators may lock threads without notice.
More details on these guidelines

There is a separate forum specifically for finding the Overland Track companions and transport.

Tabletop Track late Aug 2022

Postby Fruitbat » Mon 04 Apr, 2022 8:34 am

Hi,
Looking for someone who would like to partner for this walk. Looking to do around 23 Aug.
If you have a car, great, if not we'd possibly rent one in Darwin.
Fruitbat
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Tabletop Track late Aug 2022

Postby ribuck » Tue 05 Apr, 2022 5:44 am

I hope you find a suitable hiking partner. Having done the Tabletop Track last year, I have one comment - don't stay at the unnamed northerly campsite. It's dire! Hot, stinky, dusty, and the watercourse is a series of murky puddles amidst dense mosquito-ridden vegetation.

On the other hand, the campsites on the Walker Creek Link Walk, a few km to the west, are absolutely delightful, with tentsites right next to pristine swimming holes. Or, a few km to the east of the unnamed northerly campsite, the track passes a delightful running creek with flat ground nearby (not designated on the map as a campsite, and no toilet). I thought all the other campsites were good, but the ones on the Walker Creek Link Walk are exceptional.
ribuck
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Other Country

Return to Find Walking Companions or Arrange Transport