Desktop version
Find people to walk or share transport with. Topics deleted after 365 idle days.

Forum rules

1 This website is not a bushwalking club.
2 Users take responsibility for all actions arising from meetings made via this website.
3 Be totally self-sufficient – your own tent, stove, gear, etc.
4 Walkers under the age of 18 and/or those walking with them should raise the trip with the under 18's parents or legal guardians.
5 Please lock your thread when it is no longer needed. Moderators may lock threads without notice.
More details on these guidelines

There is a separate forum specifically for finding the Overland Track companions and transport.
Post a reply

Newbie in Northern NSW

Sat 18 Sep, 2021 2:32 pm

Hi All,
I've been hiking for 10 plus years now and my life kinda revolves around it. Always planning my next one. I've done some multi day hikes solo and loved it however lately I'm feeling like a hiking buddy for these multi day hikes would be a safer option. I like to do one at least every 3 or 4 months. Any suggestions on how I can find a keen hiking buddy, preferably close by so I can meet first. I'm a fit 56 yr old from the Tweed region. I've looked at joining a group but most of the hikes are on the weekend, I'm a shift worker. And, no offence to groups but I definitely prefer hiking with less people. I have everything in place to hike the Te Araroa, South Island, next year but looking like that will have to be postponed.
Planning a 4 day multi for mid October.
Thanks in advance. Happy hiking.
Post a reply