Ottie Merino Merino T-Shirts - 15% off Whisky Colour

Commercial posts in this forum are permitted. This forum is only visible to members. Topics deleted after 2 idle years.
Forum rules
Topics here should be bushwalking-related. Topic titles should begin with abbreviated state and/or town/suburb enclosed in square brackets IF the topic is only relevant to a particular location. Eg [TAS Hbt].

Topics posted by commercial organisations to advertise or discuss their own products or services are subject to the following additional limitations:
  • maximum of one topic per commercial organisation per week
  • posts from new or otherwise unknown advertisers may be rejected or deleted by moderators if they have any reason to think it might be spam - to be on the safe side, new advertisers can obtain permission from site admins before posting their first advertising topic
  • It must be clear that the post has been written by the organisation which produces or sells the product(s) or service(s) by filling in the "Associated Organisations" field in the user profile.

Note that any content, commercial or otherwise, which is deemed inappropriate for any reason may be deleted without notice.

Ottie Merino Merino T-Shirts - 15% off Whisky Colour

Postby paul_hianz » Tue 19 Jan, 2021 2:17 pm

Use the coupon WHISKY at checkout to get 15% off the Whisky colour.

https://ottie.com.au/collections/merino-t-shirts
paul_hianz
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Victoria

Re: Ottie Merino Merino T-Shirts - 15% off Whisky Colour

Postby commando » Fri 29 Jan, 2021 6:12 pm

Wool is good but at $85 i can get 17 Big W cotton ones @ $5 ea
commando
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Other Country

Postby Eremophila » Fri 29 Jan, 2021 6:37 pm

Made where??

It's all about supporting local. And good on these guys for getting out there and doing it.

My mate bought the Whisky colour... in addition to her previous purchase. I reckon it's a great colour.
Eremophila
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Postby paul_hianz » Sat 30 Jan, 2021 5:50 pm

commando wrote:Wool is good but at $85 i can get 17 Big W cotton ones @ $5 ea

It's not really fair to compare a top quality Australian made merino tee with a cotton tee from Big W now, is it? As you probably know, cotton is a rubbish fabric for hiking.

I'm happy for you to weigh Ottie and our price up against Icebreaker or Smartwool or IO Merino or Wilderness Wear. In which case, you'll see $85 is about right.

Thanks for stopping by, nonetheless.
paul_hianz
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby paul_hianz » Sat 30 Jan, 2021 5:51 pm

Eremophila wrote:Made where??

It's all about supporting local. And good on these guys for getting out there and doing it.

My mate bought the Whisky colour... in addition to her previous purchase. I reckon it's a great colour.

Made in Melbourne. We work for an ECA (Ethical Clothing Australia) accredited manufacturer (and supply chain) too. It's an initiative run and audited by the Textile Clothing & Footwear Union of Australia. Means we're sweatshop free, staff are paid properly, aren't overworked, are given good working conditions. The factory is up Broadmeadows way.

We're certified Australian made (both our fabric and finished product are made in Melbourne) and Australian owned (by me and my partner - we're Melbourne based via Adelaide but don't hold that against us hehe).

Glad you like the colour and thanks for the support. :D
paul_hianz
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby Eremophila » Sat 30 Jan, 2021 7:34 pm

Thanks Paul, I was actually wondering where the Big W t-shirts would be made, and under what conditions.

I’d much prefer to support a local business and purchase a quality long-lasting product.

And I’m on your mailing list. :wink:
Eremophila

Postby commando » Mon 22 Mar, 2021 11:17 pm

For some free advertising the price of honest free speech shouldn't be too much pain.
This item would only work in cold climates NZ Alps, Tassie in Winter etc...
Everyone walks in cotton/polyester blends unless they are in Canada.
I could only see this item being used by myself after the walk for a change of dry clothes.
and as many people cannot stand wool on bare flesh, a lot people are biased, and would need convincing
otherwise, myself it does not bother me on bare flesh,as i used to wear pure wool cycling tops and copped
a lot of questions about prickle heat rash from the non believers.
commando
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby north-north-west » Tue 23 Mar, 2021 6:49 am

commando:

My base layer is a light merino blend that is brilliant at heat regulation. Keeps me warmer in cold conditions, helps to keep cooler in warmer times. Fine merino fabrics are not the same as wearing a fuzzy knitted jumper against the skin.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
north-north-west
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Social Misfits Anonymous
Region: Tasmania

Postby Lamont » Tue 23 Mar, 2021 6:58 am

paul_hianz wrote:

Made in Melbourne. We work for an ECA (Ethical Clothing Australia) accredited manufacturer (and supply chain) too. It's an initiative run and audited by the Textile Clothing & Footwear Union of Australia. Means we're sweatshop free, staff are paid properly, aren't overworked, are given good working conditions. The factory is up Broadmeadows way.

We're certified Australian made (both our fabric and finished product are made in Melbourne) and Australian owned (by me and my partner - we're Melbourne based via Adelaide but don't hold that against us hehe).

Just found this.
Excellent and non-mulesed, ethical supply chain and manufacture! Any plans for some jocks/undies?! I love my merino jocks.
Old Broady Leisure Centre boy from way back and would love to see some of the Ozzie manufacturing up and going again.
I would be willing to bet the overwhelming majority of folk on here support you at least in the idea of making something/anything again in Australia in an ethical fashion. Hope the business does well. :D
Last edited by Lamont on Tue 23 Mar, 2021 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lamont
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: https://www.againstmalaria.com/

Postby matagi » Tue 23 Mar, 2021 7:08 am

I don't know who this "everyone walks in cotton/polyester blends" Commando is referring to but may I go on record as only walking in 100% merino clothing (the only exception is my bra and I'm not including footwear or wet weather gear). I live in Tasmania not Canada and I wear merino t-shirts as part of my everyday casual wear even at the height of summer. Modern lightweight merino fabrics are very cool and not at all prickly and I reckon if you got people to feel a 175/180 wt merino t-shirt without telling them it was wool, a lot of them would not know.

In fact, hubby and I took delivery of 2 Ottie Merino shirts each last week. The fabric has a very silky feel. Fit is good, slightly relaxed. I wore one of my new t-shirts on the weekend, max daytime temperature was 20C, it was sunny and I was extremely comfortable. Got a bit sweaty at one point, but I was working in full sun at the time helping to move 120kg battery banks (6 of the buggers!) for our solar system.
This makes me the first man to climb Mount Everest backwards, without oxygen...or even a jumper.
matagi

Region: Tasmania

Postby wildwanderer » Wed 24 Mar, 2021 12:17 pm

another +1 for lw merino hiking tshirts.

I wear em in all seasons in nsw. Dont smell and feel great.
wildwanderer
Auctorita modica
Auctorita modica

Region: New South Wales

Postby paul_hianz » Sun 28 Mar, 2021 8:23 pm

I don't know many that walk/hike/run/work out in cotton/poly. Poly, nylon, and other synthetics, is where the mass-market is when it comes to sweat-wear.

As Matagi said, Commando, modern lightweight merinos aren't prickly and unpleasant against the skin. In fact, many will tell you it doesn't get much more comfy.
paul_hianz
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby paul_hianz » Sun 28 Mar, 2021 8:23 pm

matagi wrote:In fact, hubby and I took delivery of 2 Ottie Merino shirts each last week. The fabric has a very silky feel. Fit is good, slightly relaxed. I wore one of my new t-shirts on the weekend, max daytime temperature was 20C, it was sunny and I was extremely comfortable. Got a bit sweaty at one point, but I was working in full sun at the time helping to move 120kg battery banks (6 of the buggers!) for our solar system.

Glad to hear the tees are going well! :)
paul_hianz
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby paul_hianz » Sun 28 Mar, 2021 8:25 pm

Lamont wrote:
paul_hianz wrote:

Just found this.
Excellent and non-mulesed, ethical supply chain and manufacture! Any plans for some jocks/undies?! I love my merino jocks.
Old Broady Leisure Centre boy from way back and would love to see some of the Ozzie manufacturing up and going again.
I would be willing to bet the overwhelming majority of folk on here support you at least in the idea of making something/anything again in Australia in an ethical fashion. Hope the business does well. :D

We're looking at doing some rad Aussie made jocks. And other things. Long sleeve tees should be available prior to winter.

Thanks for the kind words! :)
paul_hianz
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby Eremophila » Sun 28 Mar, 2021 8:56 pm

paul_hianz wrote:Long sleeve tees should be available prior to winter.

Excellent!
Eremophila

Postby commando » Sun 11 Apr, 2021 9:18 pm

Yes, Apologies it was unfair to compare cotton to wool, still out of my price range.
commando
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Return to Specials, Discounts, Adverts