Massdrop Granite Gear Crown X60

Commercial posts in this forum are permitted. This forum is only visible to members. Topics deleted after 2 idle years.
Forum rules
Topics here should be bushwalking-related. Topic titles should begin with abbreviated state and/or town/suburb enclosed in square brackets IF the topic is only relevant to a particular location. Eg [TAS Hbt].

Topics posted by commercial organisations to advertise or discuss their own products or services are subject to the following additional limitations:
  • maximum of one topic per commercial organisation per week
  • posts from new or otherwise unknown advertisers may be rejected or deleted by moderators if they have any reason to think it might be spam - to be on the safe side, new advertisers can obtain permission from site admins before posting their first advertising topic
  • It must be clear that the post has been written by the organisation which produces or sells the product(s) or service(s) by filling in the "Associated Organisations" field in the user profile.

Note that any content, commercial or otherwise, which is deemed inappropriate for any reason may be deleted without notice.

Massdrop Granite Gear Crown X60

Postby cha0003 » Fri 20 Nov, 2020 8:36 am

Drop have discounted the price of the Granite Gear Crown X60 as part of their holiday sales, together with shipping to Australia it should come to around $150aud which is a fantastic price for a quality bag.

Bought one myself a few weeks back, and Drop was happy to refund me the difference in price which was nice.

https://drop.com/buy/drop-granite-gear-crown-x60/
cha0003
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Re: Massdrop Granite Gear Crown X60

Postby GregG » Sat 21 Nov, 2020 7:18 pm

Thanks Cha, well spotted, I ordered one.
GregG
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Old bushie
Region: New South Wales

Postby Bluegum Mic » Sun 22 Nov, 2020 12:48 pm

Ooooh thank you.
I've been eyeing this for ages, as I have the smaller lutsen 45 and I really like it. Just ordered. Now to sell off a pack or two..

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Bluegum Mic
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby Baeng72 » Thu 26 Nov, 2020 6:14 pm

cha0003 wrote:Drop have discounted the price of the Granite Gear Crown X60 as part of their holiday sales, together with shipping to Australia it should come to around $150aud which is a fantastic price for a quality bag.

Bought one myself a few weeks back, and Drop was happy to refund me the difference in price which was nice.

https://drop.com/buy/drop-granite-gear-crown-x60/

Bugger, I got one a few months ago, so miss the discount.
Great pack, well worth the money.
Baeng72

Region: Victoria

Postby GregG » Fri 27 Nov, 2020 4:55 pm

Wooohooo! I ordered my Drop + Granite Gear Crown X60 last Saturday 21 November, it was dispatched Monday 23 November, it arrived here in Dogpatch NSW this morning Friday 27 November, seven days from go to whoa!!!! How's that for service, thanks DHL!!! It looks like a brilliant piece of kit for AUD146, I'm happy.

My old 75L Kathmandu Tallus weighs six pounds (2.7 kg) versus this Crown which weighs in at 2 1/2 pounds (1.2kg). The Tallus is very comfortable to carry, a bit like an old shoe I guess, but has gotten heavier as I have gotten older. (Note to self: this means there's an extra 1 1/2 litres of Club Port you can carry Greg).

Seriously folks, I really like the look and weight of this pack. Next step is to load it up with some ballast and take it for a spin. I'll post an initial report shortly.
GregG

Postby GregG » Fri 27 Nov, 2020 5:06 pm

Granite Gear x60 Crown
Attachments
20201127_180022_resized.jpg
GregG

Postby CraigVIC » Fri 27 Nov, 2020 6:45 pm

Do the side pockets stretch for a bottle GregG, or is the cord setup the only option?
CraigVIC
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Postby GregG » Fri 27 Nov, 2020 9:27 pm

Well Craig, the pockets seem to stretch quite a bit and are angled forward so water bottles can be more easily reached while wearing the pack. In this picture I have a 750ml water bottle and a 750 ml bottle of Elderberry Wine (for illustrative purposes only :) hehe). I reckon the pocket could easily take a 1250 ml bottle. The tricky bit always seem to be how much you can squeeze into outside pockets when the interior of the pack is jammed full of gear, with this pack the pocket is made of stretchy material so this should not be too much of an issue methinks.
Attachments
20201127_220619_resized_1.jpg
GregG

Postby CraigVIC » Sat 28 Nov, 2020 12:42 pm

Cheers Greg
CraigVIC
Athrotaxis cupressoides