Commercial posts in this forum are permitted. This forum is only visible to members. Topics deleted after 2 idle years.
Topics here should be bushwalking-related. Topic titles should begin with abbreviated state and/or town/suburb enclosed in square brackets IF the topic is only relevant to a particular location. Eg [TAS Hbt].
Topics posted by commercial organisations to advertise or discuss their own products or services are subject to the following additional limitations:
- maximum of one topic per commercial organisation per week
- posts from new or otherwise unknown advertisers may be rejected or deleted by moderators if they have any reason to think it might be spam - to be on the safe side, new advertisers can obtain permission from site admins before posting their first advertising topic
- It must be clear that the post has been written by the organisation which produces or sells the product(s) or service(s) by filling in the "Associated Organisations" field in the user profile.
Note that any content, commercial or otherwise, which is deemed inappropriate for any reason may be deleted without notice.
Thu 21 Nov, 2019 9:42 am
For sale are some DCF water resistant zip pouches and X-Pac hiking wallets.
These are made by me in Sydney and are in new/unused condition.
All DCF zip pouches feature a #3 YKK Uretek water resistant zip. They are all stitched and seam taped (including zip) with cuben tape for maximum strength and water resistance. Great for stashing electronic gadgets, first aid/repair stuff, snacks etc. Keep in mind that they are not dry bag waterproof, do not submerge. The also feature a gusseted bottom to add volume.
The X-Pac mini wallets do feature water resistant zips but are not seam taped. They will fit a bunch of cards, some folding money and have a mitten hook to clip them inside your pack.
The LS 21 box pouch has a standard, non water resistant zipper.
If you would like something similar made, just ask and I may be able to do it.
I will only send by registered post, flat rate of $7 anywhere within Australia (sorry no overseas postage). Alternatively can be picked up in Sydney.
Feel free to ask any questions.
- Made from 1.43 Oz DCF. Approximately 20cm by 16 cm, gusseted base, weight 12g $25
- Made from 1oz DCF, approximately 21cm by 16.5cm, weight 12g, $25
- Made from 1.43oz DCF, approximately 18cm by 13cm, weight 11g $23
- Hiking mini wallet, X-Pac VX 21, approximately 11cm by 7.5cm, weight 9g, 3 available, $14
- X-Pac LS 07, same size as the blue wallets, weight 7g, $14
- Boxed zip pouch, made from X-Pac LS 21, standard #3 YKK zip. Approximately 21cm X 10cm X 7cm. Features a hang loop on one end. Bomber fabric, weight 28g, $25
Fri 22 Nov, 2019 6:30 pm
Looks like neat work Pete. Have you found the Ultralight(?) or the Gearfreak forums on facebook (they may be a better outlet)?
Fri 22 Nov, 2019 7:10 pm
I'll check them out.
Fri 22 Nov, 2019 7:41 pm
I stuck them up on gear freak Australia (already a member),I'll see if I have any luck there.
Fri 22 Nov, 2019 10:07 pm
Sat 23 Nov, 2019 6:06 am
The 20 X 16 1.43 DCF zip pouch, 1x Blue wallet and box zip pouch are SOLD, pending payment.
Wed 27 Nov, 2019 5:11 pm
All sold apart from 2 blue X-Pac wallets
Thu 28 Nov, 2019 9:51 am
Last two wallets have sold.
I will post more stuff as I make it.
Sat 30 Nov, 2019 10:37 am
Thanks Pete, I’ve received the pieces I ordered from you. They are beautifully made, very happy to thoroughly recommend your workmanship. WT
Sat 30 Nov, 2019 11:19 am
Thanks Watertank, much appreciated. Enjoy!
Wed 11 Mar, 2020 9:04 pm
I second what Watertank has said -
Pete I received my order from you today and with great excitement zipped down to the Post Office to pick up the envelope - I am wrapped with the DFC stuff sacks - my pack is now organised and conforming to the internal shape/structure.
The A4 zippered satchel is awesome for the looseleaf reference that I used to put in a ziplock bag - the DCF satchel with paper slides into the pack unlike the plastic bag.
The X Pac red boxed zip pouch will store enough meals for my weekenders and allows easy top access and it covet he top of the pack some squareness.
The little wallet - well - that will be used all the time. How need a big leather one these days anyway!
Quality stuff Pete - thank so much mate - I will be ordering more soon!
Thu 12 Mar, 2020 5:57 am
Thankyou. I'm glad you like your new goodies. Very much appreciated.
Tue 25 Jan, 2022 2:03 pm
Hey Pete - Are you still making DCF pouches, sacks and stuff? I have a DCF project that I would love you to help me on. Robt -
Tue 25 Jan, 2022 2:16 pm
I'm in the process of setting up an actual website to sell my wares, maybe a month till it's ready.
I'm not really doing any side projects at the moment as I'm concentrating on that.
What are you after?
Fri 04 Feb, 2022 6:52 pm
Let us know when the website is up and running, please. I'd like a couple of custom sized roll-top bags for my cameras.
© Bushwalk Australia and contributors 2007-2013.