One Planet Zipless Day Pack - Who's Using One?

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

One Planet Zipless Day Pack - Who's Using One?

Postby paul_hianz » Tue 07 Jul, 2020 10:28 am

I'm considering buying a Zipless to replace my mouldy ol' Mountain Design Outrace day pack which has lived a long and good life.

Anyone wearing one? Good? Bad? Thoughts?
paul_hianz
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Victoria

Re: One Planet Zipless Day Pack - Who's Using One?

Postby J M » Tue 07 Jul, 2020 2:10 pm

I've used one almost every day for the last few years (bike commuting to uni/work, day walks etc.)

I like it - simple and durable enough that it'll probably outlast me.

Would I recommend it? Depends what you're looking for in a bag. For longer day walks or where you're carrying a heavier load, the hip strap doesn't really do much so you can end up with sore shoulders. If you pack poorly, things will poke you in the back. Your back will also be sweaty.

That being said, I still like it. But if I did more day walks I'd probably get something closer to an osprey-style bag.
Only those who live on the edge can see the view
J M
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Return to Equipment