Forum members are invited to submit an application to become a forums moderator. Applications can be emailed to email@example.com
at any time. So long as this topic remains open and accessible, you are welcome to apply.
Applicants should fit the following list of criteria and should explain why they think they would be a good addition to the team.
Criteria for Moderators:
- A reasonable amount of experience in bushwalking
- Have been a member of this site for at least 6 months
- Desire to see this site maintain or improve in usefulness to bushwalkers
- Understanding of the rules of the site, and desire to see the rules adhered to by the members
- Thick skin
Tasks of a moderator include, but are not limited to:
- Regularly check the moderation control panel for any outstanding items
- Deal with post reports and PM reports
- Approve or deny posts which require approval before being displayed publicly (eg, posts from new users)
- Moving, splitting & merging topics
- Editing posts
- Removing posts
- Liaising with members and/or other moderators and administrators regarding moderation activities if required
NB: These moderator positions are voluntary only. There is no payment or reward for this work other than the satisfaction of helping other like minded people in sharing and finding information of interest to them in a friendly environment.WARNING
: As a moderator who does their job well, you will experience a substantial increase in the amount of complaints and personal abuse you receive, to the extent that it can be quite stressful at times. Hence the need for a thick skin. This is the nature of the job due to people having different opinions about what is suitable for the forums, and about what action is appropriate for moderators to take. If you enjoy spending time on this site, you should be aware that it is likely to be somewhat less enjoyable as a moderator, and for some periods a considerable burden. But you may get some satisfaction from knowing that you are improving the experience for other members.