Ansell Activarmr Gloves for bush bashing

A place to share systematic reviews of bushwalking equipment, services and idea.
Forum rules
Forum rules
This is a place to share fair and systematic reviews of gear. Share the good, bad and ugly as well as including how you tested it and reviewed the gear. This is not the place to carry on about a bit of gear that failed, sometimes good gear has a lemon - this is more about systematic reviews. Although this can be a way to help gear manufactures with feedback, this is not the place to hassle them or ask for money back.

Start each thread with
[tag]Brand, product, RRP in AUD. The tags have two parts the type of gear and type of testing/review. eg
[Sleeping bag | Unboxing] Kmart Summit Hooded $29
[Stove | Field test]Jetboil, flash $150

Suggested review types. Unboxing, field test, 1 year on, stress test, teardown.
If someone else has already reviewed the same product in a similar method then please use the initial thread to include your review. Please note if the gear was provide to you for free, loan, discount or if you paid full RRP.

Ansell Activarmr Gloves for bush bashing

Postby Huntsman247 » Tue 02 Oct, 2018 11:02 pm

With the weather warning up I tried some new bush bashing gloves. Got these from bunnings for about 20 odd bucks. I've found them to be excellent.
Great grip on the palm and ribbing on the back makes it good for scratching that itch on your nose without taking the gloves off. The palm is spikey Hakea proof but it penetrates a little on the back.
The back is breathable but supposedly cut resistant. haven't tried that out yet. Although the Hakea makes it thought it felt much much reduced.
My hands felt a little warm but it was a warm day and I had long pants and sleeves.
They have velcro tabs which does a good job securing the gloves tight.

I know there are cheaper similar styled silicone over cotton gloves but let's be honest lose gloves make doing things awkward.

I was enough impressed that I thought to share. Hope this is helpful to someone.
Huntsman247
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: New South Wales

Re: Ansell Activarmr Gloves for bush bashing

Postby Neo » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 4:08 pm

Serious looking gloves! Minus the logo they would work for a Dr Who alien costume :)
Neo
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby GPSGuided » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 4:59 pm

Bunnings stocked some great work gloves but have since change brand. Irrespective, I have been reluctant to go with those rubber gloves (even if just on the palm side) for heat and moisture trapping. Have you found it to be problematic in this respect? I have preferred those rigging gloves with leather on the palm side.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Huntsman247 » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 9:35 pm

GPSGuided wrote:Bunnings stocked some great work gloves but have since change brand. Irrespective, I have been reluctant to go with those rubber gloves (even if just on the palm side) for heat and moisture trapping. Have you found it to be problematic in this respect? I have preferred those rigging gloves with leather on the palm side.
It does trap a bit of moisture keeping the palms a bit sweaty. However it's more due to the sweat not being absorbed. Ideally i would like to find some gloves like the seal skinz all season glove without the waterproofing and insulation.
I didn't mind having them on all day. Although it may be a different story when it's 40 degrees but on a day like that I'll be hanging up the boots and using the flip flops instead.
Huntsman247

Postby Warin » Fri 05 Oct, 2018 9:07 am

Really a question of what the weather is like.

If it is wet then leather tends to not the right choice.
If it is hot then anything water resistant tends to not the right choice.

Of course if I pack the leather gloves it will rain, water proof gloves and it will be hot, both and it will be hot and rain .. and then I'd prefer to go without gloves ... except for the vegetation. :?
Warin
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby Huntsman247 » Fri 05 Oct, 2018 5:31 pm

Warin wrote:Really a question of what the weather is like.

If it is wet then leather tends to not the right choice.
If it is hot then anything water resistant tends to not the right choice.

Of course if I pack the leather gloves it will rain, water proof gloves and it will be hot, both and it will be hot and rain .. and then I'd prefer to go without gloves ... except for the vegetation. :?

Lol. Very true.
Huntsman247

Postby wildwanderer » Wed 10 Oct, 2018 4:26 pm

Can you use a phone (swipe/pinch zoom) while wearing?
wildwanderer
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby Huntsman247 » Wed 10 Oct, 2018 10:17 pm

wildwanderer wrote:Can you use a phone (swipe/pinch zoom) while wearing?
Yes. Forgot to mention that. I could fully use the touch screen on my phone with the gloves. Worked really well actually even when they were wet with water. Only thing that didn't work was the fingerprint scanner obviously but swiping, pinching, tapping all worked fine.
Huntsman247

Postby wildwanderer » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 2:43 pm

Huntsman247 wrote:Yes. Forgot to mention that. I could fully use the touch screen on my phone with the gloves. Worked really well actually even when they were wet with water. Only thing that didn't work was the fingerprint scanner obviously but swiping, pinching, tapping all worked fine.

Thanks Huntsman247 which bunnings was that at?

An annoying aspect of bunnings is for some reason they stock different gloves at different stores, and the gloves on the website are often not in the store but they have some other brand.. with different specs :x
wildwanderer
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby Huntsman247 » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:30 pm

wildwanderer wrote:
Thanks Huntsman247 which bunnings was that at?

An annoying aspect of bunnings is for some reason they stock different gloves at different stores, and the gloves on the website are often not in the store but they have some other brand.. with different specs :x

It was at South Nowra. Shoalhaven Area.
You might be able to get them from other online stores if not available locally. Ansell is a reasonably big brand.
Huntsman247

Return to Gear Reviews