Carlon Head (Mansons Ladders)

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

Re: Carlon Head (Mansons Ladders)

Postby Alan Webb » Thu 29 Mar, 2018 7:56 am

Thanks for the extra info. I was never aware that Bert Carlon was involved in the ladders construction and am sure John Manson would have mentioned that if it were so. On a walk from Carlon's Farm up to Carlon's Head in 1960 a fingerboard pointed the way but someone had shot out the name 'Manson' with a rifle. John Manson commented that it was probably Bert Carlon as Bert felt they should be known as Carlon's Ladders. Thank you. Always interested in Manson history as they were so close to my family camping and walking with them in Burragorang Valley then later in Megalong every long weekend in the 50's. Alan Webb
Alan Webb
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Carlon Head (Mansons Ladders)

Postby SandyR » Sun 11 Nov, 2018 1:03 pm

Hi Alan, this is completely unrelated but I found you on this forum and am keen to chat to you because I read in a book that Oskar Specks kayak was gifted to John and I am trying to find if that kayak still exists. Do you know? I am writing a book about Oskar (www.sandy-robson.com)
SandyR
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Na
Region: Western Australia

Previous

Return to NSW & ACT Trip Reports & Track Notes