Looking for advice regarding the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail

Queensland specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Queensland specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Looking for advice regarding the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail

Postby lostkiwi » Thu 21 Mar, 2019 10:01 am

Hello all, I am doing the BVRT in spring and I am hoping to get some advice from someone who has done it before.

I am organizing it for our group, and due to the fitness levels and the experience of some of the members I am hoping to do relatively shorter days (on bike) so that we can all enjoy it. Playing around with the numbers the best fit I could come up with was travelling Blackbutt to Toogoolawah on the first day and then Toogoolawah to Fernvale on the second day. That way each day is around 60km and therefore manageable by the entire group, as well as offering the ability to stay in accommodation overnight.

This however means we will be missing a leg of either end of the trail. In particular Yarraman to Blackbutt, as well as Fernvale to Wulkuraka. The advice I am hoping to get from any members who have done this trail is in regards to those legs we are skipping - Is there anything in particular along those two sections that could be considered essential to see as part of the BVRT? I know from previous trips along other trails that not all sections are created equally, in that some are more spectacular than others. Would we miss out on anything in particular skipping those two?

Many thanks everyone.
lostkiwi
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Queensland

Return to Queensland