Desktop version
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.

Forum rules

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.
Post a reply

overnight walk near Bowral

Mon 09 Sep, 2019 9:26 am

I am after an overnight walk that is suitable for a 10 year old's first "no facilities" camping. Preferably starting within 30 minutes from Bowral. Any ideas? Thankyou :) She is very fit so it doesn't have to be super easy or flat.

Re: overnight walk near Bowral

Mon 09 Sep, 2019 12:57 pm

Starlights trail to Mcarthurs Flat or Emmetts Flat (Starlights Flat?) might be a good fit. Tom Brennan's site has some good detail on it: https://bushwalkingnsw.com/walk.php?nid=1005

It's a 5 hour return for adults, it is a big of a climb in and out though, so she'd need to be able to do ~500 meters of vertical in a day. That's just under what a walk out of the Grose Valley is in the blueys.

It's a 30 minute drive from Bowral

Tue 10 Sep, 2019 1:30 pm

Starlight a is a nice spot for the kids, nice grassy campsite too.

Tue 10 Sep, 2019 7:42 pm

Thankyou! I’ll look into these, assume camping is allowed then?

Tue 10 Sep, 2019 9:21 pm

mketa wrote:Thankyou! I’ll look into these, assume camping is allowed then?
Camping is allowed, the campsite is nice and the walking relatively easy. Just be aware that there isn't much signage and some of the track junctions might not be obvious if you haven't been there before, so you'll need track notes.

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

Wed 11 Sep, 2019 11:25 am

thanks again for your help :)

Wed 11 Sep, 2019 11:39 am

If you are considering doing the Starlights walk then this thread may be useful: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27237
Post a reply