Finlays Spur Kosciuszko Nat Park

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Finlays Spur Kosciuszko Nat Park

Postby mirv2535 » Wed 29 May, 2019 10:31 pm

Hi Wondering if anyone has hiked up Finlays Spur which starts near Khancoban Creek and links up to Finlays lookout and Dargals Trail. Looking to link it to Everards Fire Trail and back to Khancoban
Thanks
mirv2535
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Finlays Spur Kosciuszko Nat Park

Postby rcaffin » Fri 31 May, 2019 8:35 pm

No, we haven't, but be aware that the Strumbo FT nearby became absolutely choked with wattle regrowth after the 2003 fires, They seemed to love what had been bare soil. (Sadly, the NPWS does not have plans at present to clear it - damn shame!) So I might imagine that the Findlay Ridge could also be a bit thick.
The Everards FT might also be a bit choked up too, for the same reason.

We have walked along the Dargals FT, and did not see any signs of water on the ridge. You may need to carry from the bottom.

But if you do get up to the Dargals FT, I would love to have photos of and from the Findlay lookout!

Cheers
Roger
rcaffin
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Re: Finlays Spur Kosciuszko Nat Park

Postby mirv2535 » Fri 31 May, 2019 11:29 pm

Thanks Roger I was thing of a circuit up Everards Dargal and then Finlays I will probably wait till later in the year, was up on Granite Knob trail which was still in ok condition last weekend just before the snow dumped
mirv2535
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: New South Wales

Return to New South Wales & ACT