South Coast Track - Video

Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

South Coast Track - Video

Postby bushwalker zane » Sun 26 Apr, 2020 4:59 pm

Hello all!

My partner and I had a go at editing together some of our videos from our walk along the South Coast Track in March 2019. It's been really fun, and a new learning experience! I must say, I'd be keen to make more bushwalking videos. Maybe the Kungsleden next... Anyway, if you have half an hour spare, pour yourself a cuppa and join us for the journey!

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyvAyZDIQX0

Cheers!
Zane

P.S. Please excuse the dumb humour! Bushwalking does bring out the sillies :lol:
bushwalker zane
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Tasmania

Re: South Coast Track - Video

Postby L_Cham_67 » Sun 26 Apr, 2020 7:04 pm

Enjoyable viewing! Brings back some great memories. If it wasn't already, the full SCT has to be on my lengthy re-do/to-do list when we're allowed back out . Such a wonderful part of Tasmania, and captured well by your trio. I really liked the reflections at Louisa Bay, and the multiple shots of moody skies.
L_Cham_67
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby bushwalker zane » Sun 26 Apr, 2020 8:01 pm

L_Cham_67 wrote:Enjoyable viewing! Brings back some great memories. If it wasn't already, the full SCT has to be on my lengthy re-do/to-do list when we're allowed back out . Such a wonderful part of Tasmania, and captured well by your trio. I really liked the reflections at Louisa Bay, and the multiple shots of moody skies.

Thanks for watching :D

It is a really wonderful track. Couldn't possibly be improved... *leers at the hut proposal*.

This was my favourite journey I've had on it, and it will be one of those life long precious memories. The Louisa River was dead flat, it almost seems like it was still. Perfect!
bushwalker zane
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby philm » Mon 27 Apr, 2020 8:12 am

Nice video and some great memories. We were there about 3 weeks before. It was a warm and dry trip for the SW. Surprise bay is my pick of one of the best places but there are so many along this track. Get there before the Huts go in an ruin it.
philm
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: South Australia

Postby bushwalker zane » Mon 27 Apr, 2020 10:26 am

philm wrote:Nice video and some great memories. We were there about 3 weeks before. It was a warm and dry trip for the SW. Surprise bay is my pick of one of the best places but there are so many along this track. Get there before the Huts go in an ruin it.

Thanks, Phil! Great time of year to go walking. We were extra lucky the fact that no flights came in for several days before or after us, and there was minimal people walking from Cockle Creek to Melaleuca.

Hopefully the hut proposal will never come to fruition...
bushwalker zane
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby ofuros » Mon 27 Apr, 2020 1:42 pm

Enjoyable half hours viewing...thumbs up from me. :mrgreen:
Mountain views are good for my soul...& getting to them is good for my waistline !
https://ofuros.exposure.co/
ofuros
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Queensland

Postby bushwalker zane » Mon 27 Apr, 2020 7:15 pm

ofuros wrote:Enjoyable half hours viewing...thumbs up from me. :mrgreen:

Thanks Ofuros! Glad you enjoyed it! :D
bushwalker zane
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby michael_p » Mon 27 Apr, 2020 9:30 pm

Thank you Zane. I enjoyed it as well.
One foot in front of the other.
michael_p
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby bushwalker zane » Mon 27 Apr, 2020 10:10 pm

michael_p wrote:Thank you Zane. I enjoyed it as well.

Cheers Michael! :)
bushwalker zane
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby GregR » Tue 28 Apr, 2020 10:31 am

Good work Zane. Really enjoyed it..."that's nae how ye make porridge"
GregR
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Victoria

Postby bushwalker zane » Tue 28 Apr, 2020 10:51 am

GregR wrote:Good work Zane. Really enjoyed it..."that's nae how ye make porridge"

Thanks Greg!

I really enjoyed Mum's commentary along the way! :lol:
bushwalker zane
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby johnw » Tue 28 Apr, 2020 12:36 pm

Awesome video Zane. I found it relaxing and entertaining to watch, the soundtrack music added to the ambience. Even though I've read and heard a lot about it, this gave me a really good idea of what the south coast track is actually like. Stunning scenery, although my ageing dysfunctional knees were screaming just watching the crossing of the Ironbound Range. Great that you enjoyed the trip in friendly company and didn't seem like having a desire kill each other at any point :). I remember a former work colleague some years ago walking the track with his brother, neither of them bushwalkers. He told me they enjoyed it but it was the hardest thing he has ever done. Likely out of his depth although I did a rogaine with him at one point and he seemed fairly competent.
John W

In Nature's keeping they are safe, but through the agency of man destruction is making rapid progress - John Muir c1912
johnw
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New South Wales

Postby bushwalker zane » Tue 28 Apr, 2020 4:04 pm

johnw wrote:Awesome video Zane. I found it relaxing and entertaining to watch, the soundtrack music added to the ambience. Even though I've read and heard a lot about it, this gave me a really good idea of what the south coast track is actually like. Stunning scenery, although my ageing dysfunctional knees were screaming just watching the crossing of the Ironbound Range. Great that you enjoyed the trip in friendly company and didn't seem like having a desire kill each other at any point :). I remember a former work colleague some years ago walking the track with his brother, neither of them bushwalkers. He told me they enjoyed it but it was the hardest thing he has ever done. Likely out of his depth although I did a rogaine with him at one point and he seemed fairly competent.

Thanks for watching, and thanks for the lovely comment, John! I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I am happy to hear you found it somewhat transportive. My walking companions and I are all very close, and I feel really lucky to have done this with my Mum. I know she was super proud of herself, and it'll be a memory that she's always going to look on fondly.

I have seen some people on the South Coast who are indeed out of their depth, however, they had the gumption to give it a go and I think that's admirable. I once guided a lady on the track back in 2013, complete newcomer to bushwalking. She was a lovely lady who just wanted to try something different; a normal middle aged mum. She has since emailed to let me know that it completely changed her life, she's done a myriad of fantastic walks. All on the more difficult side of the hobby. Fantastic!
bushwalker zane
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby Watertank » Sun 23 Aug, 2020 8:26 pm

Zane, that is an awesome video, and just the perfect place for me to imagine from lock down Melbourne!
WT
Watertank
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Postby bushwalker zane » Mon 24 Aug, 2020 9:07 am

Watertank wrote:Zane, that is an awesome video, and just the perfect place for me to imagine from lock down Melbourne!
WT

Thanks mate! Glad you enjoyed it :)
bushwalker zane
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Return to Tasmania