What are some good breakfast ideas ?

Food topics, including recipes.

Re: What are some good breakfast ideas ?

Postby bernieq » Wed 13 Jun, 2018 1:04 pm

For years I had muesli but eventually realised I hate the stuff.

So now I have a light-weight, minimum-prep, easy to eat breakfast that works for me :
40g of (home) dehydrated fruit, rehydrated overnight - the remaining hydrate makes a good fruit drink, as well.
a couple of chocky nut bars - 70g
Coffee - 15g = 2 spoons of ground coffee in the cup, boiling water, stir, let it settle for a couple of minutes - so good - but don't drink the last mouthful!

The fruit is a mix of mango, pineapple, apple, stone fruits, kiwi, papaya, anything else that is in season when I'm dehydrating - shelf stable and keeps for 12+ months.

We are responsible for the health of the planet - not it for ours
bernieq
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Victoria

Postby farkewie » Wed 13 Jun, 2018 3:24 pm

Ill eat scrambles egs with chorizo in a wrap most days.

Get powered eggs, mix up while chorizo frying in pot, pour egg in once cooked consume while avoiding all the green eyes staring at you.
farkewie
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Queensland

Postby ChrisJHC » Wed 13 Jun, 2018 10:38 pm

If you do go down the muesli path I recommend the following:
1. Use a few different types as having the same thing every morning gets a bit much on longer walks
2. Use mueslis with a bit of "structure" - the softer ones get mushy very quickly and you feel like you're eating baby food. This is particularly the case if you like warm milk.
3. Keep the powdered milk in a separate bag rather than adding it to the muesli. This makes it easier to mix and, if for some reason you don't eat a breakfast you can have the muesli at home later.
4. Use full cream (powdered) milk not skim. In the bush it's all about calories per gram and you want the most you can get.
5. Maybe I'm over thinking this!
ChrisJHC

Region: Victoria

Previous

Return to Bush Tucker