Layering underwear query

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Layering underwear query

Postby Moondog55 » Fri 07 Aug, 2020 11:51 am

For those who have done it under Australian conditions; how effective have you found layering a Patagonia "Thermal weight" zip neck over the UL Patagonia "Everyday"
I didn't need a new winter base layer but they were on sale at a small discount so I bought a zip neck top; partly to help out a small retailer in trouble because of the Covid disaster in the ski fields
A few times the Powerstretch and R1 tops have been too warm for active use and I thought that perhaps it would make a reasonably LW summer warm layer.
I have tried it in city and town conditions once and thought it was effective but I wasn't working hard
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Re: Layering underwear query

Postby Lamont » Fri 07 Aug, 2020 12:36 pm

What is the everyday model?
Is that the former LW Capilene? Crew neck top Long sleeve weighs about 75 gms?
Lamont
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: https://www.againstmalaria.com/
Region: Other Country

Re: Layering underwear query

Postby Moondog55 » Fri 07 Aug, 2020 1:30 pm

Similar but lighter again my XL weighs 110 grams, almost as light as the Uniqlo stuff
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Return to Equipment