Snow camping bootie

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Snow camping bootie

Postby fat_doggie » Mon 13 Jul, 2020 9:14 pm

I have been looking for camp footwear in the snow. Came across this one. It's designed and made for the US Marine Corps. Reasonable price, I can get a pair from NZ for AU$150 including postage. Too bad I won't be able to test out this year as we are in lockdown. Does anyone has a better option?

https://twinneedle.co.nz/collections/ac ... s-usmc-1-0
fat_doggie
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Victoria

Re: Snow camping bootie

Postby Moondog55 » Mon 13 Jul, 2020 9:57 pm

Those are actually quite good.
I did think that there was also an overshell to go with these copied from the NEOS overboot
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby fat_doggie » Tue 14 Jul, 2020 12:49 am

Just googled that NEOS overboot. Interesting design. I am going to wear my hiking boot with snow shoe. I intend to use the high loft booties after i set up camp in the snow. It's quite light weight and warm.

Already ordered one, not likely to use it in the snow this year, will definitely wear around the house.
fat_doggie
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby crollsurf » Wed 15 Jul, 2020 5:12 pm

I got a pair of Exped Booties for around camp in the snow. Having a sole that works on snow is a God send when nature calls in the middle of the night. Not UL but skating off into the night in your long johns is probably not ideal.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
crollsurf
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New South Wales

Return to Equipment