Nemo Tensor Ultralight Insulated - experiences & thoughts

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Nemo Tensor Ultralight Insulated - experiences & thoughts

Postby Kott » Sun 05 Apr, 2020 7:00 pm

I'm on the market for a new mat - long and potentially wide but most long ones are wider. I'm 189 so just taller than regular and I always find regular a tad short...
so that has been leading me towards Nemo Tensor Ultralight Insulated. Do any of you have any experience with this mat? how does it compare to others you have used? I'm mostly worried about durability?
Kott
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Victoria

Re: Nemo Tensor Ultralight Insulated - experiences & thought

Postby Lamont » Sun 05 Apr, 2020 7:20 pm

Just a word of caution (if you already know this just disregard) -now all mat makers have to rate their mats to a common standard, Nemos insulatory values are pretty underwhelming. The insulated Nemo is even lower R value than a standard Xlite.
Good shopping.
Lamont
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: https://www.againstmalaria.com/
Region: Other Country

Postby Kott » Sun 05 Apr, 2020 7:29 pm

thanks - I'm aware of that. I'm not planning on going to the snow with this yet Backpackinglight.com have used this mat in conditions that are hard to replicate in Australia
Kott
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby Neo » Sun 05 Apr, 2020 7:39 pm

Make sure you get one with the newer flat style valve.

I found the Nemo comfy.
I also like the shortest versions of air mats.
Neo
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby coryjohnrist » Tue 07 Apr, 2020 8:42 pm

Originally had the standard mummy Tensor (new version) and upgraded to the Tensor Long/Wide a few months back, im 188cm and can safely say as a part-time ultralighter that it is worth the extra grams for the comfort, as a side sleeper i love the extra leg room and having somewhere to put my arms that isnt the cold ground. Have found it to be warm enough (using a -2c quilt) down to 0c here in WA. Oh by the way, significantly quieter than neoair and Sea to summit pads i have had in the past. Highly recommend it.
coryjohnrist
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Western Australia

Postby FNM » Tue 07 Apr, 2020 10:32 pm

There is a 595g Nemo Tensor 25L (long/wide) going for $160 on FB at the moment. Don’t know whether it’s the one you’re looking for. Says its only been used a few times. Gear Freak Australia group.
FNM
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby Kott » Fri 10 Apr, 2020 10:03 am

Thanks FNM - I ended up picking up Xlite from our follow bushwalker right here from the Sales section. I think its good place to share our own equipment before putting it out to the face market place or gumtree.
Kott
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Return to Equipment