Wilderness Explorer Space 2 for Tasmania?

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Wilderness Explorer Space 2 for Tasmania?

Postby labhamster2 » Fri 13 Mar, 2020 9:36 am

Hi, looking to buy a two person backpacking tent and currently the Space 2 is at the top of my list, followed by the MSR Hubba Hubba NX.

Does anyone have experience with with either of these, and if so would you recommend them? I'm looking at doing Federation Peak over the summer, so need something reasonably weather-proof but not ridiculously heavy. Also have a strong preference for freestanding.
Last edited by labhamster2 on Fri 13 Mar, 2020 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
labhamster2
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: South Australia

Re: Wilderness Explorer Space 2 for Tasmania?

Postby Warin » Fri 13 Mar, 2020 11:41 am

Weight 1.94 kg
3 season
2 person
~$650

Personally there is an Xmid 1 person for sale in the second hand section ... not free standing but 0.9 kg and $250 ... I'd go with that and 4 ground hog pegs.
Warin
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New South Wales

Re: Wilderness Explorer Space 2 for Tasmania?

Postby labhamster2 » Fri 13 Mar, 2020 12:08 pm

Specifically looking for 2p, should have specified that to begin with. I've edited it now.
labhamster2
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: South Australia

Return to Equipment