Lanshan 2 3F UL vs. Flames Creed.

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Lanshan 2 3F UL vs. Flames Creed.

Postby Scooters » Fri 04 Oct, 2019 6:35 pm

Quick question for the Lanshan owners out there. Wanting to picking up a lightweight 2P tent for some hikes coming up. Does anyone know if there is any difference between 3F and Flames Creed other than $20+?
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Scooters
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Lanshan 2 3F UL vs. Flames Creed.

Postby bunzmc » Mon 14 Oct, 2019 10:00 am

I messaged JY outdoors on AliExpress. They said there's no difference, just different logo even though it's cheaper.

I pulled the trigger on one last week, but am hesitant it will be long enough for me sleeping diagonally as I'm 6'2".

I'm still wondering if anyone has tried the new pyramid pisa which is about 230cm long for the inner.

This is it here for $160 delivered

FLAME'S CREED 2019 LanShan 1Upgraded version 15D silicon coating ultra-light 3 seasons 1 person 2 layer tent carpas de camping
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/pNouTjUU
bunzmc
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Western Australia

Postby johnrs » Tue 15 Oct, 2019 8:19 pm

Yes BZC
I would also be interested to hear from any 2019 Lanshan 1 owners
John
johnrs
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Postby onefivesxx » Tue 19 May, 2020 4:42 pm

Any long term reviews on the Flame Creed?

I'm considering it to replace a Marmot Limelight that is significantly heavier but want to ensure it's robust enough to last.

Primarily will be used in vic high country and trips to tassie.
onefivesxx
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Victoria

Postby Ms_Mudd » Wed 20 May, 2020 7:44 am

Yes, they are the same.

I have owned both the 1 and 2p versions. Used the 2p extensively. Fantastic tents.

I will say though that the vestibule sit high, so if in the high country, spindrift would be an issue.
Ms_Mudd
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby johnrs » Wed 20 May, 2020 10:49 pm

Hi again Ms_Mudd
Did you own the leaning tower of Pisa Lanshan 1
(FLAME'S CREED 2019 LanShan 1Upgraded version 15D silicon coating ultra-light 3 seasons 1 person 2 layer tent carpas de camping
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/pNouTjUU)
or the earlier version?
I am interested in how well the new version pitches.
Thanks
John
johnrs

Postby Ms_Mudd » Thu 21 May, 2020 12:02 pm

I owned the 2018 Lanshan 1.
I pitched it a few times only. I think this is my second pitch pictured here, as I had pitched it once before to seam seal and this time I just put up various tents as it was really windy and I like messing about with gear.
It was simple to pitch and I think my efforts were not too bad, no glaring errors I think. I did alter the tie outs on the door/peak guy out on it, as I also did with my Lanshan 2. One of the pics shows that, also kind of illustrates what i mean about the vestibule sitting up a bit too.

I think the updated one you linked is a bit heavier, but it is what I would choose for the original purpose at the start of the thread as it is more of a 'mid and looks as if the vestibule comes down nice and snug
Attachments
20190529_135837.jpg
20190529_135837.jpg (66.68 KiB) Viewed 11875 times
20190529_140313.jpg
20190529_140313.jpg (75.62 KiB) Viewed 11875 times
20190530_123853.jpg
20190530_123853.jpg (72.8 KiB) Viewed 11875 times
Ms_Mudd
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby Heremeahappy1 » Thu 21 May, 2020 11:30 pm

Bought the Lanshan 2 18 mths ago. Funny, I have an old marmot limelight dark green, love it and use in snow but size and weight have seen relegation to car camps with the young bloke. Lanshan's done about 45 nights. Can't fault it for price point, durability and I use it mainly for one person palatial room. I threw for the solid inner, which does make a difference. You get used to low and high pitched based on site and weather. As it is the poor cousin to Zpacks DCF fabric, it does sag in the wet, rain more than snow. Good pitching drills will reduce spindrift and a higher vestibule pitch eliminates condensation.
For a 4-5 day trip, fits in my 33L day pack easily. Downside- I can't pitch well on uneven ground, but that could be me. Ensure good pegs for door tie outs. Was a *&%$#! to pitch in sand a few times without right pegs, many dead man anchors with sticks...
Heremeahappy1
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby JohnnoMcJohnno » Fri 22 May, 2020 4:26 pm

johnrs wrote:Hi again Ms_Mudd
Did you own the leaning tower of Pisa Lanshan 1
(FLAME'S CREED 2019 LanShan 1Upgraded version 15D silicon coating ultra-light 3 seasons 1 person 2 layer tent carpas de camping
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/pNouTjUU)
or the earlier version?
I am interested in how well the new version pitches.
Thanks
John

Yes I have one. Can't say I have ever achieved a good pitch, but that's probably me. Might have another go this weekend and post a pic.
JohnnoMcJohnno
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby onefivesxx » Wed 17 Jun, 2020 10:42 am

Heremeahappy1 wrote:Bought the Lanshan 2 18 mths ago. Funny, I have an old marmot limelight dark green, love it and use in snow but size and weight have seen relegation to car camps with the young bloke. Lanshan's done about 45 nights. Can't fault it for price point, durability and I use it mainly for one person palatial room. I threw for the solid inner, which does make a difference. You get used to low and high pitched based on site and weather. As it is the poor cousin to Zpacks DCF fabric, it does sag in the wet, rain more than snow. Good pitching drills will reduce spindrift and a higher vestibule pitch eliminates condensation.
For a 4-5 day trip, fits in my 33L day pack easily. Downside- I can't pitch well on uneven ground, but that could be me. Ensure good pegs for door tie outs. Was a *&%$#! to pitch in sand a few times without right pegs, many dead man anchors with sticks...

Dark green here too haha. Convinced me, now to settle in for atrociously long Ali delivery times...
onefivesxx
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby johnrs » Wed 17 Jun, 2020 3:57 pm

Hi again Ms_Mudd
Here is a link to a simple mid setup technique
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aNTuurDEFE
John
johnrs

Postby Dread » Fri 19 Jun, 2020 5:16 pm

Looks like there is a few of us Marmot Limelight (mine ios the orange one!) tent owners here! I love my Marmot Limelight, its an awesome trent and I could live with the 2.5kg weight but it take sup so much room in my pack. I broke it down into 2 compression sacks and the tent poles/pegs in the pole bag ... but it's just bulky. So I pulled the trigger on a Lanshan 2 as well ... and it took all of 7 days to arrive from China/Aliexpress. Ordered June 8th, delivered to my door in Brissy Monday June 15th. Had it pitched in the yard the past two days to get it wet and now I'm looking at treating it with some permethrin. Solid tent so far. Little bit more fiddly to pitch than the Limelight (but easy to adjust), little less room (and I miss that headspace the Limelight give us on the sides) but still a fantastic tent - and *&%$#! small and light!

Limelight will be for when I take the young bloke out or car camp, not getting rid of it :)
Attachments
103653167_10160121473812178_5117695162652609473_o.jpg
Dread
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Queensland

Return to Equipment